Tap your toes, dance along, or just sit back and relax to music’s greatest hits performed by the The St. Charles Big Band! Our vast repertoire of music covers music from the 1930’s to the 1990’s.
Ready for Swing from the 1940s? We’ve got your favorites!
- In the Mood
- String of Pearls
- Sing, Sing, Sing
- One O’Clock Jump
How about some rock, pop & blues? The Big Band plays that too!
- Proud Mary
- Sweet Home Chicago
- Kansas City
- Can’t Buy Me Love
In the mood for Latin Salsa Dancing? Dance with the Big Band!
- Adios Muchachos – Tango
- Green Eyes – Rumba
- La Bamba – Salsa
- Girl from Ipanema – Salsa
- Sway – Cha Cha
That’s just a small sampling of the more than 400 songs our audiences enjoy at Big Band performances. Best of all, there are so many opportunities for you to experience the music of the St. Charles Big Band. Performances include:
- Spring Concert – join us each March to kick off a new season of music at our annual Spring Concert! This performance takes place at the St Charles High School Auditorium . Click here to see recent Spring Concert performances.
- Summer Concert Jazz Series at Frontier Park – 2018 marks the St. Charles Big Band’s 19th season! The 18 piece Big Band, under the direction of Earl Kreder, performs the second Sunday of each month, June through August, and the Sunday before Labor Day. It’s a beautiful setting on the banks of the Missouri River in Historic St. Charles – a perfect place to experience music! These performances are free and open to the public.
- Holiday Concert – each year, the Big Band and the Municipal Band perform a holiday concert featuring your favorite music of the season, at Lindenwood’s J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts. This year’s performance is in December on a date to be announced. Click here to see recent Holiday Concert performances.
- Other – the Big Band plays 3-4 other events each year as fundraisers to support the free Summer Concert Jazz Series at Frontier Park. Stay tuned for details!
- Civic and Private Performances – the St. Charles Big Band is available for civic and private events throughout the region, providing live music that serves as the perfect backdrop or main event for any audience! Contact Earl Kreder at Book the Band for more information on booking the Big (Jazz) Band for your next event!
Check out some of the St. Charles Big Band’s audio & video clips!